I’ve been watching (and storing) lots and lots of useful, fun and interesting Google Talk status messages for the last few months. It’s short, informative and the main reason why I never logout of Google Talk. So I was wondering what I might do IF I was given the responsibility to pick the top status messages like a film-fare festival and give away awards to the best ones.. So here we go…
We will begin the show with Brilliant Questions. There were way too many contenders for this category. It was very difficult to pick the best one. First, let’s take a look at the final 5 contenders who made it.
1. Abilash Prabhu - Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?
2. Dhruvkaran Meta - If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
3. Akshay Kumar - I was the best man at the wedding. If I'm the best man, why is she marrying him?
4. JV - Why do couples hold hands during their wedding? Itâ€™s a formality just like two boxers shaking hands before the fight begins!
5. Nitin Isloorkar - How do you see yourself five years down the line?" "If I had foresight, I wouldn't be here now, would I?
And the Best Brilliant Question Award goes to Dhruv for his electrons and morons question. What an idea sar ji! 🙂
Next, we move on to Frustration category. Status message is first the place where people vent out their frustrations and we got ample messages to justify that.
1. Nitin Isloorkar - After Monday and Tuesday even calendar says W T F
2. Krithika Ravichandran - labs are like black holes.. once in..you can never get out..
3. Lavanya Tejaswy - I want to see a ghost, real one!! *bored* with normal things.
4. Taggy - For want of a logo a night was lost. #photoshop
And the Best Frust status message goes to Krithika. It’s simple, but true. Happens to all of us all the time.
Next we have Funny Quotes status messages here.
1. Saurabh Gupta - Friendship b/w gals - A girl came home late, told dad she was at frnd's place.. Dad called 10 friends but all say she wasn't there... Friendship b/w boys - A boy didn't come home one night n told dad he was at frnd's flat... Dad called 10 of his frnds. 6 confirmed he had slept at their place... and 4 told he's still there.. ;)
2. Harishankaran - "I love Facebook. It's the only place I can talk to a wall and not look like an idiot"
3. PK- "Chuck Norris can parse HTML with regex"
4. Akshay Kumar - "Don't drink and drive. You might hit a bump and spill your drink."
5. Manish - 2b or not 2b is a decision you have to take when you enter 2nd grade
And the Best Funny Quote award goes to Akshay. The concern for the few drops of drink he might spill is mind blowing. 🙂
Next, we will pick the best Interesting Links. Here again, we got hundreds of nominations at the first step. After filtering and filtering, we got the final 4
1. Ajitha - Lol......U gota be Kidding me!!!!! http://www.tuktastic.com/index.htm
2. Arun - Please don't click on this link http://www.hurr-durr.com/
3. Interviewstreet - Resume vs CV - What's the difference? http://bit.ly/9gMRtP
4. Indus Khaitan - Who is an entrepreneur? http://www.slideshare.net/indus/disha-2010-presentation-on-entrepreneurship-indus-khaitan
And the award goes to Indus Khaitan. Excellent presentation with awesome images. Congrats 🙂
Next we will pick the best from Cricket. With an excellent 200 from Sachin, nothing else made to the top.
1. Abilash Prabhu - Reducing the number of atheists in India since 1989 - Sachin Tendulkar!
2. Swetha - Cricket. Sachin. Happiness. One guy- the ability to tug at the heartstrings of a billion. Divine!
3. Subbu - my only prospective achievement in life: when sachin scored a double century, i tweeted about it. #sachinisgod
And Abilash get’s the award. A fitting tribute to our little master blaster.
Now, we will pick the best from the Inspirational Quote
1. Sankara - To move quickly, go alone. To move far, go together." African Proverb
2. Poorna - Don't ever let somebody tell you... You can't do something. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period.
3. Sundarrajan : I look at my life as a seed investor.. I give seed capital for my interests.. knowing well that the odds are 1:10 for success.. but I am willing to do it.. coz.. that one in ten will become my passion
The best Inspirational Quote award goes to Poorna. I simply love that quote. In fact, I started storing status messages after I seeing that.
Finally, a few other special mentions in various other categories.
Madhu - I really don get y Mr.Cameroon waited so long.. I mean optical fibers were discovered a loooong time ago!!
Lavanya Tejaswy - The fascination of shooting as a sport depends almost wholly on whether you are at the right or wrong end of the gun. P. G. Wodehouse
Manas Garg - Want to work for MS? Ping me.
Karnan - I am not HANDSOME guy, but i can give my HAND to SOME guy who needs my help - ABDUL KALAM.
Ajitha - Hari and his friends = Losers!!!!!
Doniv - You are a goat, why are you a goat ? Because you shout maee...
Bodhayan - Spider Annual Report 2008-09.. :) :) http://bit.ly/aK2PWS
Want to add more? Add them in the comments here. 🙂 Keep them coming.. 🙂